Stray Chat
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
WD Green SN350 – Disque SSD interne NVMe M.2 ...
Voir le deal
99.99 €

Lee Rocker news

+8
exstefcatno7
Blue suede2
Nicoletta
Le Hub'
Lisa
freddie
FrenchyCat
laurent327
12 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant
AuteurMessage
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

Lee Rocker news - Page 5 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyDim 16 Jan à 19:17

Ben jusqu'à présent, quand on allait sur la page d'accueil du site officiel de Lee, démarrait automatiquement un media player avec des titres interprétés par Rocker, bien évidemment. C'était toujours des morceaux extraits du dernier album en date, en toute logique. Plus récemment, on pouvait l'entendre reprendre les succès du 1er album des Stray Cats, et je crois me souvenir qu'il était question que paraisse justement un cd avec de telles reprises. Que nenni mon ami!
Et depuis quelques jours, ce sont Rock This Town et Stray Cat Strut qui sont diffusés, mais mouture Stray Cats 1981. Ceci en même temps qu'apparait en haut de la page d'accueil la précision The Stray Cat Lee Rocker....
Alors pourquoi ce changement de stratégie marketing? Mmmm? Je me pose la question, ma pomme....
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyVen 21 Jan à 16:58

Ne nous posons pas de trop de questions, laissons rouler...
C'est le grand soir pour Lee, commence son remplacement, comment on se sent à quelques heures de se taper Broadway?
Mince! j'pose une question...
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyVen 21 Jan à 17:50

L'intéressé nous le dira bien, un de ces 4! Voire après....
Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptySam 29 Jan à 17:38

Bon, j'ai trouvé une seule vidéo du show, on voit Léon sur l'estrade, derrière Madame Brushing et Messieurs jeunes premiers sourires Ultrabrite, tiens bon Léon!, ya pas les mêmes à la maison...plus que quelques jours et la lumière jaillira...
laurent327

laurent327

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyMer 9 Fév à 19:18

Examiner.com’s National Independent Music Examiner F. Daniel Kent recently spoke with Rocker at his home in New York halfway through his ten day stint about the role Carl Perkins played in his life and career, the part in the Million Dollar Quartet musical and his upcoming independent EP and 3 stop mini-tour including a performance at New York’s Rockwood Music Hall on February 3, Circle of Fifths in San Diego February 19 and The Galaxy Theatre in Santa Anna just in time for March 5 digital only release of The Cover Sessions EP available for download from all major digital outlets (iTunes, CDbaby, etc). Hardcore fans will want to order a copy of the autographed limited edition hard copies of the EP available for direct purchase from www.leerocker.com.

FDK: With three Tony nods and one win (Levi Kreis as Jerry Lee Lewis for Best Actor in a Featured Performance); Million Dollar Quartet has already garnered widespread attention. How did you discover the show?

Lee Rocker: I’d heard about the show one of the more recent times I was in New York City and went to see it. I was blown away! How they tell the story of Sun Records and the formation of the Quartet is incredible and Carl’s part in the story was done in a way that didn’t make him look like a cartoon or some sort of caricature of the real man. The music is legit and the performers are clearly connected to it in a very personal way.

FDK: How did you happen to become involved in the show?

LR: When I found out my good friend Chuck Mead [of BR-549 fame] was the Music Supervisor I was floored. One thing led to another and a series of e-mails turned into a series of phone calls which turned into Chuck asking if I wanted to be in the show for a while. It was like a dream.

FDK: You knew Carl Perkins well. Does the show’s dramatization adequately reflect him and the legacy of the real Million Dollar Quartet?

LR: Carl was the architect of Rock & Roll. He was a good friend of mine and someone that I really love and miss because he did so much for me over the years that influenced my work. The show is a real tribute to him and the guys that doesn’t shy away from portraying a lot of the darker aspects like the car crash and especially Carl’s frustration and anger over [Elvis] Presley performing “Blue Suede Shoes”. It’s really fun to work with such an extremely talented bunch of folks. It’s been such an amazing experience unlike anything I‘ve ever experienced and I couldn’t have had that without them.

FDK: How did you meet Carl Perkins for the first time, what became the foundation of your friendship and what was it like for you once he passed on?

LR: [The Stray Cats] were on tour in ’83-’84 and were invited to play the Grand Ole’ Opry. After we left the stage and were getting ready to come back on for an encore, Perkins came up and had his guitar in his hand. It was surreal for me when he walked out on stage and performed “Blue Suede Shoes” with us. Over the years our friendship grew as we began to collaborate on many more projects together including the gem of a record and his last recording Go, Cat, Go! Near the end of his life we were working on a television special called From the Cotton Fields and I was his Musical Director. He wanted to trace his music from Gospel and Blues and how he grew up as a sharecropper on through the Beatles era and up to modern times. In the middle of the project he had a series of strokes and didn’t make it back to us. It was an incredible loss for me personally and for the music world at large. There will never be another Carl Perkins.

FDK: Outside of the obvious references to Carl, what attracted you to the roll and this musical in particular?

LR: It sounded like the ideal fit for me and something I had never done before. I love a challenge and I am actually playing Carl’s brother Jay Perkins who was the upright bassist in Carl’s band. I really live music as a lifestyle and it is amazing to be able to be a part of something that gets this amazing music into the spotlight and back in front of the public again.

FDK: There really isn’t a lot of information out there about Jay Perkins other than having been in his brother’s back-up band early on. Did you know Jay and how did you prepare yourself to step into his roll?

LR: Unfortunately, I didn’t get to know Jay since he passed away years before. The main thing I can do in that sense is to keep in mind that it’s 1956 and at that point in their career, Carl’s band had only one hit with “Blue Suede Shoes”. When the band went through the car crash that derailed a lot of the group’s early momentum and they were looking for another hit they hadn’t yet seen a lot of the world. The part, even though it’s small, is really a challenge since I have to imagine how Jay would have fit into the band and how he would operate in relation to that position at the time.

FDK: The Million Dollar Quartet is definitely a period piece depicting a very important time in the history of American music. What’s been your experience with the gravity of the situations you are helping to depict?

LR: There was a little nervousness at first about portraying such a significant point in history, but once I hit the stage I got a much better handle on it. I manage to lose myself in the moment every night, which is always a great thing on stage in general. It’s almost like I’ve sort of stepped into the past. That first performance on the 21st when the lights went down was the first time I got to feel the full effect of the show and it suddenly hit me when I thought “Wow! I’m really doing this!”

FDK: You have logged hundreds if not thousands of hours on stages across the world. What was it like thrusting yourself into a similar role, but in a more structured environment like this?

LR: It really isn’t that much of a stretch in a sense. To me, being on stage is being on stage. Performing in front of large crowds comes very naturally to me. I spent a long couple weeks rehearsing with the cast and it went very smoothly and I’m having a ball!

FDK: Your digital only EP The Cover Sessions is due out in early March. What can we expect from the release?

LR: It’s an interesting project because it’s a really different record for me. I started to get interested in some acoustic and folk instruments just for the fun of it. I bought an autoharp and a mandolin and a couple of ukuleles, washboards, spoons and so on before I had this little collection of cool, odd instruments. As I played around with them and got a feel for their different sounds I really started enjoying the process of doing something different from my regular fare.

FDK: How did those experimentations lead to what eventually became the EP?

LR: I brought all these crazy instruments into a studio in San Diego where I recorded my last bunch of records. Before long, I found myself doing six songs that I grew up with on the radio. I played most of the instruments myself and it became this very creative, cool thing that I finished about a year ago and decided that I needed to release. It’s not Rockabilly, but it’s also not Country. It’s somewhere between those two things and almost an entity on its own.

FDK: 2007’s Black Cat Bone on Alligator Records was your last proper album. Any chance we can look forward to a full release in the near future?

LR: I’m definitely due for another. I plan to get back in the studio in 2011. I have a lot of material I want to get planned into a real project. The records have taken longer and longer over the years because it’s more about how long it takes me to be happy with the material than just putting out an album to be doing it.

FDK: You’ve worked extensively on major labels but you’re now independently releasing your EP. What’s your current perception of the industry and how record companies interact with musicians?

LR: I don’t miss the labels at all. Things have changed, it seems, so much that in a lot of ways the record companies are no longer that important to the equation. They really just get in the way of the freedom to do what you want which is really nice to have. The key is really having the right people on the job who can present the right questions that I need to answer in order to do it right and do it my way. The biggest challenge is being careful not to sequester yourself in a vacuum and to get opinions from people that you respect.

Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptySam 12 Fév à 17:37

Bigre, c'est un roman mais j'ai quand même tout lu

Sacré Lee !! mais pourquoi Diable a-t-il supprimé son Message Board?
One more question

scratch
Lisa

Lisa

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptySam 12 Fév à 20:03

Fais moi un résumé Fab car perso je lis pas tout ce blabla en anglais ça me fatigue! Je connais des Sites de fans où le modérateur traduit tous les articles en français...à bon entendeur... Laughing
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyDim 13 Fév à 0:58

Lisa a écrit:
Fais moi un résumé Fab car perso je lis pas tout ce blabla en anglais ça me fatigue! Je connais des Sites de fans où le modérateur traduit tous les articles en français...à bon entendeur... Laughing

Ah bon? Curieuse habitude... Rolling Eyes
Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptySam 19 Fév à 17:31

T'as reçu le "Cover Session" Frenchy, je l'ai commandé mais je ne me souviens plus de la date de sortie?
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptySam 19 Fév à 17:41

Bien l'avatar avec Brophy "Dustin" Dale.....

Je crois me souvenir que la mise bas est prévue pour le 21 février. Donc la semaine prochaine...
Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptySam 19 Fév à 20:29

OK, je patiente...
Black cat bone est désormais en écoute sur Deezer
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptySam 19 Fév à 20:36

Blue suede Fab2 a écrit:
OK, je patiente...
Black cat bone est désormais en écoute sur Deezer.... et souvent chez moi ou dans ma voiture....
Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyLun 21 Fév à 19:02

oui, mais c'est quand même plus pratique pour nous de l'écouter sur Deezer, que de squatter chez toi!
Lisa

Lisa

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyLun 21 Fév à 20:43

Laughing
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyLun 21 Fév à 22:33

Blue suede Fab2 a écrit:
oui, mais c'est quand même plus pratique pour nous de l'écouter sur Deezer, que de squatter chez toi!

C'est un point de vue qui se défend....
laurent327

laurent327

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyMer 2 Mar à 14:30

Lee Is In The Studio
Lee is also back in the studio recording a new CD that is proving to be the "real deal, rockabilly" record of his career. Lee will host a release party for this new as yet untitled record on May 28 at the Revival Festival in Austin, TX. It will be also available on his website and online music sources including iTunes on May 28. In true Lee Rocker fashion this record will include a new song penned by Rocker titled "Slap the Bass" as well as "Twenty Flight Rock", "Rockabilly Boogie" and killer versions of some of the Stray Cats best songs.This album is going to rock! Pre orders for this record begin in April. Don't forget, we always give you a bonus for ordering early.

les reprises Stray Cats, à mon avis ca va êtres les versions SCS & RTT qui sont en écoute depuis 1 ans sur son site.

Refaire du Stray Cats, quel interet ? doit manquer cruellement d'inspiration le Lee
Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyJeu 3 Mar à 17:34

Jour J+11
Ma boite à lettre est vide...pourvu qu'ils ne m'aient pas mis un postier Ch'ti en remplacement pendant les vacances, la tournée risque d'être longue......
laurent327

laurent327

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyJeu 3 Mar à 17:46

patience ca arrive, Jon en Espagne la reçu aujourd'hui et moi aussi.
laurent327

laurent327

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyJeu 3 Mar à 21:40

je suis sur le cul par la qualité du EP, les covers sont tous simplement sublimes.
Chapeau bas Lee.
Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyVen 4 Mar à 20:38

J'en doute pas une seule seconde, je crois qu'ill va falloir que je montre le droit chemin au postier...
Jour J+12
Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptySam 5 Mar à 14:36

Bon sang!!!!, le postier vient de passer et toujours rien, probablement perdu dans 25 sacs de courrier...
J'aurais bien emmener la galette en WE à Saint-malo.

Lee chantant Elton john, j'ai toujours pensé qu'il avait cette intonation et résonance dans l'arrière nez, ....c'est juste un point commun...

City of New Orleans mieux que Roch Voisine Suspect Smile

et j'en aurais mis une 7ième

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjF58a6V_s

J'suis sure qu'il pleut en Californie quelquefois

Jour J+13
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyJeu 10 Mar à 18:18

Bon ben alors, tu l'as reçu le "Lee"? Il tourne au "Geneviève" ton postier ou quoi?

Ben figure-toi que le disc m'attendait à la maison, que je me le suis passé plein de fois, que j'aime bien, qu'il faudrait qu'il revisite et dépoussière ces niaiseries chantées par les beufs attelés (comprendre les Beatles) car la version de Come Together est à tomber!

Quant à ton 7ème, j'suis pas sûr (et pis il ressemble pas à Marcel, le chanteur, doit pas être de sa famille...) .... Pourquoi pas Laisse les Gondoles à Venise, tant que tu y es.... Laughing

Merci à notre Rocker de Lee, c'est un bon (tout petit) album de reprises.... Et pis j'vais pouvoir frimer avec le foulard/bandana qu'est arrivé avec..

Blue suede2

Blue suede2

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyJeu 10 Mar à 18:40

Non au "Calva" le Biloute drunken , je crois que je vais l'étriper façon Mode de Caen....(je connais une gentille chanson non violente qui s'appelle "Geneviève" ceci dit)

ou alors je rameute le management façon "Where the Hell is my record????"

J'ai compris, comme j'ai un peu trainé, c'est comme à la cantoche, premier arrivé, premier servi, ici pas de régime de faveur

Jour-J+18
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyJeu 10 Mar à 18:47

P.... je t'envie, Fab! Si, si, je t'envie! Le pied que tu vas prendre quand tu l'auras....
FrenchyCat
Admin
FrenchyCat

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 EmptyVen 11 Mar à 0:53

Tiens, un avant-goût:

Lee Rocker news - Page 5 Lee_ro10
(thanks, Jon)
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Lee Rocker news   Lee Rocker news - Page 5 Empty

Lee Rocker news
Page 5 sur 10Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Suivant